Pages

Flash Back Friday

/ Friday, May 4, 2012 /

"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in  its net of wonder forever."
-------------------------------------


Captivation is a funny thing. It doesn't matter how hard you try to sustain withholding from it. When it finds its prey, they quickly and relentlessly become a victim. That was me on my trip to Oregon back in 2010. I had seen a body of water before. I've watched waves crash. I've seen bird fly over the ocean. I know what a green forest looks like. I lived in Arizona, so I've seen the mountains. At least that is what I thought.... 


The whole North West is this big ball of glory to me. I think that it is easily one
 of God's greatest works of art. You can tell that He really took His time there. 
Making sure that everything was pleasing to the eyes and healing to the spirit. 
The adoring shades of green, the misty smell of the coast. 
The chilling breeze that worms its way up your body, just to warm your heart 
with a feeling of adventure and excitement! It's beautiful in every way possible!



I specifically remember taking this trip to Cannon Beach with my husbands Aunt & Uncle. I was around 7 months pregnant. Michael was deployed to Iraq. I flew to Washington to meet my in laws for the very first time. Anyways, we took a trip into Oregon, so I could dip my toes into the Pacific. I didn't mentally prepare myself for the site I was about to see. I didn't think I would have to. But it wasn't until I got out of the car, waddled my pregnant butt to the edge of a cliff, and my gaze met these rocks.


s e r e n i t y 


It was the only thing that I could think of. Normally I would've been attempting to get "the perfect shot", trying out different perspectives, making sure the composition flowed, but none of that mattered. This was the only shot that I got of Cannon Beach. Nothing fancy. Just raw and real. I just stood there and tried to soak it all in and in all honesty, it's moments like that which mean more to me than composition or perspective. I found myself doing that a lot on this trip. Just being so moved. My spirit was entirely stirred up. It was like Ralph was in my ear whispering, 

"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air..."

 

 -------------------------------------

 The reason for all this North West talk roots back to the fact that I was drowning myself in the work of this genius. Even though he is originally from Canada, he made a wonderful video called This Is Oregon, if you get a chance you should definitely check it out. So anyways, all of that yummy stuff reminded me of these 8 pictures I have in a frame on our wall. So I took them out, scanned them (sorry for the horrible quality), and started to reminisce. I hope that you all can enjoy. These pictures do no justice. They are almost silly compared to actually standing on the gravel of this glorious state! 


All my love & good vibes, 
L







0 comments:

Post a Comment