Pages

A Day For The Mums.

/ Monday, May 14, 2012 /
"This is a man's world
but it wouldn't be nothing, 
nothing without a woman or a girl."


James Brown said it best. I have this theory that women make this world tick. There is something so powerful and spectacular about being a woman. The strength that we possess emotionally, yes... even during that time of the month where our emotions are all over the wall, the caring and nurturing attitude we naturally have, the ability to comfort and heal with our words and even our silence. This is my second Mother's Day. A pure joy. As much as I love and appreciate my mother and all the mothers around the world, for some reason... I feel like Mother's Day is more of a celebration of all women and everything they are capable of. All women are a mother in some way or another. Even the childless women create their own metaphorical children, you know... the thing in their life where they nurture and provide. Sacrifice and teach. Love and learn. That's what motherhood is all about. So... here's to all the Mom's out there... the literal ones and the metaphorical! 


----------------------- 

This was my Mother's Day morning. I woke up to my son. He flung himself into the room and crawled up onto the bed. He was covered in flour and smelled like chocolate. I knew something was going on. I am a very easy to please person. I don't mean much. I would rather a simple homemade breakfast, with the windows open allowing fresh air to blow in the house, dressed with sunlight, and my two favorite men.... and my husband new that about me. So it's what I got. And I loved every minute of it. He also photographed the whole process so I could see how adorable my little man was making the delicious pancakes and cinnamon rolls! I just thought i'd share it with you guys because it's so cute. I hope everyone had an awesome Mother's Day and that you were spoiled half as much as I was!!! 

XO-
L



Ready to cook up somethin' good!
....interesting...
Babe was adding a little "sweetness" to it by puttin his little finger in it ;) I taught him that trick.
Hahaha. I just LOVE this!
Buddy's got the right idea. The only way to eat canned whipped cream ;)
Love his curious little mind.
LAWDDDDD! He'll eat anything.
Such a good helper!
Mmmm. Mmmm. Mmmm. I smelled it from the bedroom!
Lovely flowers that smelled like Heaven on Earth!
I murdered those pancakes! SO delicious! Forrest on the other hand.... he's a vegetable man.
The two men who were responsible for such a lovely morning. Jesus, I love these guys more than life itself!










0 comments:

Post a Comment