Pages

I Have Never Loved Someone.

/ Thursday, March 1, 2012 /








I have never loved someone the way I love you
I have never seen a smile like yours
And if you grow up to be king, or clown, or pauper
I will say you are my favorite one in town
I have never held a hand so soft and sacred
When I see you laugh, I know heaven's key
And when I grow to be a poppy in the graveyard
I will send you all my love upon the breeze
And if the breeze won't blow your way, I will be the sun
And if the sun won't shine your way, I will be the rain
And if the rain won't wash away all your aches and pains
I will find some other way to tell you you're okay

You're okay



------------------------------------------------------------------


I'm sitting here this Thursday morning, listening to the music of the weed eater outside which is being made by our landscapers (a little to early in the morning if you ask me; however, i'm still thankful they are here), my son sits on the couch, with his half drank cup of milk, in a long sleeve thermal onesie and his socks, his eyes swollen a little bit from his good nights rest, his soft little cheeks are slightly puffy too.. just to the point where you want to kiss them both ten times each. Sometimes when I watch Forrest, my heart sinks into this inexplicable state of... ecstasy. I get the butterflies on an entirely different level.. like in my earlobes or my eyebrow. He makes my heart smile softly and my soul shine bright. He's the smartest kid I've ever met. He's got more charisma than anyone I've ever seen. He's innovative. He's caring. He's genuine. He's hilarious. He is so loving. He's forgiving. He is solicitous. He is just flat out unbelievable. Every single day. As a mother.. it's really hard to come up with words that TRULY and HONESTLY can sum up the amount of adoration that you possess for your children. The truth is, you never really can. Your love grows bigger each and every day, or in my case, each and every minute. When I come up with a description of why and how much I love Forrest, it's completely obliterated by the feelings of love that follow, which make the words not good enough any more. This song just puts me on cloud nine. For me... it puts a pause on my life. It adds a little understanding to what motherhood really means.... it means forever. Forever I love you. Forever I will stay. Forever I will be there.Each and every day..... 

  I wouldn't trade it for the world. 





XOXO-
L

0 comments:

Post a Comment